This poem, written and spoken by rudy Francisco, is an amazing work of art. His ability to use words to string together an amazing verse that evokes such intense emotions is beyond amazing. The sensory words he uses causes the listener to envision what he is saying and all the while, the listener is also being drawn into this poem by the deep emotion behind it. The words and emotion cause every person that listens to be able to relate to his love poem and bring their own personal feelings to it. My favorite line from the poem is when Rudy says, " I'm 'gunna be honest, I'm not a love poet... but if I was to wake up tomorrow morning and write about love, I swear that my first poem, it would be about you. About how I loved you the same way I learned how to ride a bike... scared. But reckless, with no training wheels or knee pads so my scars could tell the story of how I fell for you." When I first heard this line, I was amazed at Rudy's ability to make the comparison between riding a bike and falling in love so vividly. He is able to take two experiences most people have shared and unite them into such a striking statement. I admire Rudy's ability to weave words together in such an artistic way. He is definitely an artist to be watched!
No comments:
Post a Comment